We are searching for Host Homes to help teens in our community have a safe environment to live.
Your Host Home can be temporary, long term or emergency placement, whichever case fits your household and heart.
You’ve heard of international student host homes, well, ours is a bit different. Our current and past Host Home providers tell us that their participation in this program is truly a labor of love. It almost has to be.
Hosts are unpaid volunteers who open their homes and hearts to youth in need. Being a Host Home Provider is a rewarding experience that can change the lives of the youth that need love and support. By providing them with a safe home and supportive environment you will be helping them reach their full potential. This very act will change your heart and life forever!
In an effort to create positive and beneficial relationships, teens will meet prospective hosts and visit the home prior to placement. TASC negotiates a written agreement or “lease” between you and the teen with rules, responsibilities and expectations prior to placement to ensure that everyone is clear. You set the rules for your household and the youth pledge to abide by them.
To become eligible to become a Host Home, applicants must:
- Successfully pass a criminal background check (This is required for all adults over 18 years living in the home)
- Complete a home visit and have a loving heart
Host Family responsibilities can include:
- Providing room and board that includes a safe, private sleeping space
- Providing emotional support
- Providing transportation for the teen when/if needed or appropriate
- Providing life skills support to teen
To learn more about these opportunities, contact Rachel Holmes, our Director of Education and Resources.