THE PROCESS TO BECOMING AN ADULT VOLUNTEER AT TASC
- Submit a VOLUNTEER INTEREST FORM (linked below).
- Application, Background check & Reference Check, if applicable. If you are volunteering directly with youth, you will need to complete a background check.
- Orientation (dates and sign-up below).
- Required Program Training.
- Quarterly Training opportunities for growth and development
- Exit Interview when separating from agency
2021 New Volunteer Orientation Dates:
|Nothing scheduled right now|
*An email will be sent a week before the orientation date with the Zoom link.
Benefits to being a TASC Volunteer at this time include:
- Volunteering builds community. TASC is a small organization that is supported directly by the community. Giving back to TASC with your time means that your energy and efforts are going directly into the community you serve.
- An appreciation event
- A t-shirt and/or other TASC swag!
What you can expect from Teen Action and Support Center:
- Respectfulness of your commitment, time, and confidentiality.
- To be part of a team.
- Ongoing support from everyone on the TASC staff.
- Inclusive and welcoming environment.
- To be recognized and appreciated for your time and work.
- The right to say no to anything that makes you uncomfortable.
What Teen Action and Support Center expects from you:
- Maintain a respectful relationship with teens.
- Be honest about your background, skills, goals, limitations, and motivations.
- Meet the time commitments or provide notice in accordance so alternative arrangements can be made.
- Cooperate with the TASC staff and fellow volunteers.
- To be comfortable saying “no” if necessary.
- Be prompt and reliable.
- Notify us of changes to your commitment as a volunteer.
- Keep all communication with or concerning TASC clients confidential.
**Teen volunteers need to contact the TASC office at 479-636-8272 to schedule an appointment or visit teenaction.volunteerhub.com if you are already signed up!