Matt Gibson started a monthly donation 2018-02-20 14:59:41 -0600
100% of your donation goes directly to programming for teens in NWA! No matter what giving budget you are working with, there is an opportunity to play your part in empowering teens to take action in their own lives and in our community.
$8.50 for the prom experience.
one hour out of your work week per month covers the cost of providing the prom experience for one teen who would not be able to afford to attend.
$17 for ongoing mentorship.
$17/per month covers the cost of a teen’s participation in our In Service program, where they will serve the community, be mentored by a caring and invested adult, and learn valuable practical and entrepreneurial skills. Young adults who face an opportunity gap but have a mentor are 55% more likely to be enrolled in college than those who did not have a mentor. (The Mentoring Effect, 2014)
$24 towards his/her first steps.
$24/per month covers the cost for a teen parent and his or her child to participate in our First Steps program, where they will receive weekly supplies like diapers and baby wipes, parenting classes, and help to stay in school. While only 38% of teen mothers graduate high school nationally, 93% of teen mothers in TASC’s First Steps program graduate high school on time.
$44 to provide counseling to a teen in need.
$44/per month covers the cost of counseling for a teen facing crisis or hardship. Among adolescents with mental health needs, 70% do not receive needed care. TASC provided over 700 hours of counseling last year.
$112 to support one homeless youth.
$112/per month covers the cost of one homeless youth’s participation in our Teen Thrive program. Currently, 100% of teens facing homelessness who have entered our Teen Thrive program are safely housed and are now receiving valuable case management and resources.
Every dollar you donate to TASC is tripled in the community. TASC is a 501(c)3 non-profit and your donation is 100% tax deductible. As a grassroots, local non-profit, we rely heavily on local support and are incredibly grateful for our community partners.Donate
Matt Gibson wants to volunteer 2018-02-20 14:52:07 -0600
Adult Volunteers**Teen volunteers need to contact TASC office at 4796368272 to schedule an appointment or visit teenaction.volunteerhub.com if you are already signed up!
WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH TASC?
There are numerous ways you can volunteer, give, or even lead initiatives with TASC:
- Volunteer with “In Service” as an adult mentor - You can participate as often as your schedule allows. Projects are typically on weekday evenings and on weekends. This is a great opportunity to pour into the lives of teens on a one-on-one level.
- Work with teen parents at First Steps – First Steps is open to teens on Tuesday afternoons from 3:30-5:30. Duties include building relationships with teen parents and organizing our stock of diapers, wipes and formula. We can also use help a few times a month picking up supplies from local distributors.
- Serve as a committee member for the 2017 “Day of Promise” – This involves soliciting gently used prom dresses from the general public – think Facebook – coordinating a donation day, and finding local salons and alteration specialists to donate their services to a handful of young ladies.
- Volunteer at the 2017 “Day of Promise” – You can devote just one morning of your time to set up our “boutique,” help girls find their perfect dresses, hook them up with some great swag bags, and tear down when it’s over. It’s an awesome opportunity to build the self-esteem of some sweet young ladies.
- Bring a group to TASC for on-site maintenance – You tell us how many people you have and how much time you can commit. We’ll put you to work!! Great team building opportunity!
- Be a 2016 Christmas Teen sponsor – Band together with your family, co-workers, or friends to provide a special Christmas to a teen who would otherwise go without this year. We take care of the details…you just get to have fun shopping!!
- Be a Corporate Sponsor for ‘All In NWA’ - Learn more about this unique and exciting fundraiser, scheduled for January 28, 2017. We have three affordable levels for corporate sponsors.
- Serve as a committee member for the 2017 Tour de Fun Fest – Have some time to serve on a committee and help us with this annual fundraiser? We meet once a month.
- Volunteer at the 2017 Tour de Fun Fest – This a one-to-three-day opportunity to help TASC raise some $$. You can serve as much or as little as your schedule will allow. More details will be emailed if you choose this option.
- Be a Corporate Sponsor for Tour de Fun Fest - Learn more about this unique and exciting fundraiser, scheduled for June 2017. We have four affordable levels for corporate sponsors.
- Join the TASC Board of Directors – Looking for a great board to serve on? You found it! Meetings are monthly in Rogers.
- Donate to The Closet or First Steps – Mary’s Closet is always in need of gift certificates to places like Old Navy, gently used (and still cool) clothing, hygiene items, and school supplies. First Steps can ALWAYS use diapers, wipes, and formula. Other items accepted are gently used toys, clothing, bouncers, car seats, high chairs, cribs, strollers, bottles, etc.
Matt Gibson posted about Take Action on Facebook 2018-02-20 14:49:57 -0600Check out Teen Action and Support Center. I just joined.